Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thomass Race 5

I ran my second of the Thomass Winter Adventure Running Series (aka Orienteering Series) today. It was tough.

The novice planner had set an good quality course, if it was summer. At this time of year it was a bit long (7.4 km) with the winner taking 100 mins compared to the recommended of 60-75 mins.
I ran the first half in a big train (it is a mass start race) and that was hard going but manageable, but I ran a section to number 6 on my own and had to plough my way through thigh deep snow. In the second "box" score section I made a mess of control X, not too sure how I managed to cross a fence and not realise! This meant I ran another section on my own but caught up with the group on the way to 7, helped by a deer which decided to run into a tree after being startled by the pack and they stopped to make sure it was ok, it was. Train to the finish where I'm pretty certain I was top 10.

Results here or here

No comments: