Sunday, September 16, 2007

End of week 1

I've had one week of classes now, and things seem ok. It was difficult to schedule my lessons to avoid clashes but I got things sorted, and it's fairly common to have classes till 8pm over here, fortunately I don't. I also have a weekly assignment for each class which is a bit different!

I ran in the black & gold of Waterloo Warriors Cross-Country team yesterday (results) at Guelph Uni. The race was mainly on trails so fast going. It was 7.4km and I finished in 28:18 mins (winner 23mins ish) and was 6th Waterloo. I felt as though I could keep running but was lacking speed, probably from training every day since I've been here. It will probably be good for me in the long term to up my training, but at the moment I can't do that and race anywhere near my best.

There was also a team social to a bowling centre last night (they only have 5 pins over here!) then some of us went on to the Bombshelter club on campus. The DJs could do with learning from a British Students' Union about music choice though. It was a fun night, but getting up for a 9am long run wasn't.

My US trip next weekend is off since Stars couldn't get a team together, but I expect to have another XC race in London and then a regional orienteering event near Toronto on Sunday.

No comments: