Sunday, September 9, 2007

Why this blog?

I've moved to Canada for a year, and when I get back I need to write a report on what I did so I thought it would help to keep stuff all in one place. If people read it, great, if not it'll be useful for me.

I plan on writing about my orienteering, running, university life and anything else that could be [slightly] interesting.


I've had one week over here now, it's been quite quiet since most Canadians are only turning up this weekend but it is a nice enough place with a few patches of woodland about to go running in. I've been out with the uni XC team a few times so I've learnt some routes, and with Nick Duca from the local orienteering club (Waterloo Stars).

University starts on Monday, and I think I have a cross-country race for the university next weekend, with possibly a trip to the United States orienteering relay champs after that. If not I expect my first North American orienteering experience to be the Ontario Champs in October.

No comments: