Monday, November 26, 2007

First Track Races

I ran my first ever track races on Saturday at Western University (London). My first races was the 1500 m (4:32.5 mins) followed by the 3000 m later in the day (9:47.7 mins).

RESULTS

I was pretty slow compared to the leaders (4:09 and 8:37) but was reasonably pleased. If I hadn't been last and there was someone pushing me, or I'd had a watch on, I could have got my target times of 4:30 and 9:45 (3 min and 3:15 min kilometres).

I haven't made the track team with those results but I can still train with the middle distance/XC group, and maybe run track again at the more local races; the next couple are Windsor and Montreal so only the actual team will go. It will be quite nice not to have the commitment of regular competition next term. If any are open competitions not that far away I might enter myself as Warwick University, I enjoyed the races more than I expected.

No comments: