Saturday, December 1, 2007

Waterloo Santa Shuffle

I ran a 5 km race in a local park today with some of the XC team. There weren't many other serious runners there (national XC champs the same day quite near by) and I came second, being beaten by one of my team mates. With a time of 16:20 mins, over snow covered tracks and very slippy boardwalk, I think it was a bit short of 5 km.
There were a lot of family groups and younger kids running, the race was for the Salvation Army, and people commented that we seemed a bit serious when we were all doing a proper warm-up in our matching team kit. The Waterloo XC girls got a one-two-three.

If there ever are any results then they should be on the Running Room website.

There has been a full week of snow now, it has melted a bit today in the Sun, and it's seriously cold. Just over a month ago I was still wearing shorts and t-shirt!

No comments: